Are you ready to embark on an educational journey that will prepare you for a career in speech-language pathology? This new degree offering at Indiana University-South Bend is poised and ready to develop you into a caring, compassionate and competent clinician. Explore the program and reach out if you need more information.
Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology (MS-SLP)
Housed within the Vera Z. Dwyer College of Health Sciences, the MS-SLP program at Indiana University South Bend is dedicated to educating and training future leaders in the field of speech-language pathology through intercollaborative and community engaged classroom and clinical experiences. Students will develop clinical practices that embrace human dignity, preparing them for the evolving needs of the population.
At the end of their course of study, students will
- Demonstrate a wide theoretical base for understanding the basic human communication processes of both normal development as well as the nature, causes, evaluation and treatment of disorders of swallowing and communication across the lifespan.
- Apply knowledge and theory of underlying processes related to communication to develop person-centered assessment and treatment plans.
- Demonstrate awareness of different aspects of diversity, examine personal values and beliefs regarding culturally and linguistically diverse populations and translate that into the care continuum.
- Serve as an effective team member with all relevant stakeholders; demonstrating professional standards of accountability, integrity, and privacy while interacting with individuals of varying backgrounds and duties.
- Develop critical thinking skills to formulate clinical hypotheses and make informed decisions using evidence-based information in order to write effective assessment and intervention plans.
- Recognize the value of scientific inquiry as it guides professional practice and promotes life-long learning.
The Master of Science (MS) EDUCATION program in Speech-Language Pathology at Indiana University South Bend is currently an Applicant for Candidacy by the Council On Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.
Public Meeting Notice
On January 13 from 5:00-5:30 PM, the Speech-Language Pathology program will host a virtual public meeting wherein stakeholders are welcome to offer questions, comments, and concerns during the program’s candidacy accreditation site visit. Registration is required and can be completed by following the instructions posted here.