Welcome to the IUSB Elkhart
The IUSB Elkhart Speech-Language Clinic opened its doors to the community in August 2021. We are currently offering select speech and language services to the public during the fall and spring university semesters. All clients undergo evaluation and/or treatment by graduate clinicians in the MS-SLP program. Graduate clinicians are supervised by licensed and certified Speech-Language Pathologists. Session availability is limited and appointments must accommodate graduate clinician schedules. We are currently seeking clients for the following clinical opportunities:
- pediatric clients seeking comprehensive speech and/or language evaluation
- adults seeking comprehensive cognitive, language, and/or speech evaluation
- adults with dementia and/or known cognitive-linguistic impairment and their caregivers who are interested in participating in a dynamic support group
- school-age children and adolescents ages 10-17 with language-based learning disabilities interested in Development & Dragons Gaming group, a therapeutic table-top role-playing game supporting development of essential social and language skills
- transgender and gender diverse individuals seeking voice and communication training
Please contact us by phone at (574) 520-4000 or email at email@example.com if you are interested! Physician referrals can be faxed to the Clinic at (574) 520-4009.
In addition to our on-campus clinic, Indiana University South Bend’s Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology (IUSB MS-SLP) program collaborates closely with the surrounding community to offer challenging and transformative clinical experiences throughout the duration of the program. Many of our clinical and diagnostic practicum experiences occur at community sites, allowing our students immersive clinical experiences that help them gain essential clinical skills. We are grateful to all of our community partners! If you are an SLP who is interested in supervising IUSB MS-SLP graduate clinicians, please contact the Clinical Director by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (574) 520-4010.