The application cycle for the January 2023 cohort will open March 1st, 2022 and will close July 31st, 2022. All complete applications must be received by July 31st, 2022 to be considered for the 2023 cohort.
Admission occurs once a year in January. There is no Fall entry or rolling admission process.
Admission Criteria for all MSN Tracks
- A BSN from a CCNE or ACEN baccalaureate accredited program.
- A GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in your BSN program.
- Students that do not meet the GPA may still qualify to apply. If the GPA is less than 3.0, the student must take the GRE or a graduate level nursing course from an accredited institution that meets the curricular requirements. If one of the options listed above is not completed, the student application will be considered incomplete and not considered for admission.
- A current, unencumbered United States RN license with the ability to obtain an Indiana license upon acceptance.
- Highly recommend a minimum of two years current RN practice by the beginning of the program.
- A three credit 300 level statistics course with earned grade of C or better required within the last seven years.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to use computer technologies to communicate.
- FNP track: Completed in seven semesters (including Summer).
- Administration and Education tracks: Completed in six semesters (including Summer).
- FNP track: Courses are held face to face once a week (Wednesdays) at the Elkhart Center.
- Administration and Education tracks: First year core courses only are held once a week (Wednesdays) at the Elkhart Center. Second year Education track-specific courses will be online except for the education practicum (final Fall semester).
Fees & Payment Information
Application fee is $40, paid at the time of application.
Find tuition, fees, in-state vs. out-of-state tuition, residency requirements, and payment information at the IU South Bend Bursar Office.
Have questions about the admissions process?
Indiana University South Bend
Dwyer College of Health Sciences
School of Nursing
c/o Graduate Program Director
1700 Mishawaka Ave PO Box 7111
South Bend, IN 46634-7111