Advising and Admissions
Your first step before applying to any college or school on any Indiana University campus is to apply to the university at the Admissions Office, Administration Building, in person or online at www.iusb.edu/admissions and be accepted. After being accepted:
- Have your high school and/or college transcripts sent to the Admissions Office.
- You will be required to take a placement test.
- Call the next day after taking your placement exam(s) to set up your registration appointment with an advisor at (574) 520.4571.
- Your advisor will help you with class registration and other information you will need in our pre-nursing and dental hygiene program.
- Attend IU South Bend campus Orientation**
(Advice: The professional programs fill up quickly. Please do not walk in 2 weeks before classes are due to start expecting to get into these very popular programs.)
The College of Health Sciences provides students an opportunity to familiarize themselves with academic policy and success strategies. Orientation helps to insure a smooth transition into college life at IU South Bend and towards your chosen path in the health professions.
**Attendance at Orientation is MANDATORY. Students who do not attend orientation will risk the chance of being administratively withdrawn from any classes.