Application and Admission Requirements
- Admission to Indiana University as a degree-seeking student.
- Maintenance of a cumulative grade point average of no less than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintenance of an application GPA of no less than 2.7 on a 4.0 scale. Although a 2.7 AGPA is the minimum required for application, admission is competitive and a higher AGPA may be required in a given application pool.
- Complete all program pre-requisite courses.
- Application for Fall 2019 admission is available until April 1st. BSN application instructions are here.
Application and admission are valid only for the semester designated. Students offered admission to the nursing major must enroll in nursing coursework at a time designated by the School of Nursing. Failure to enroll in nursing coursework in the designated semester necessitates reapplying to the program.
Students admitted to the nursing major must formally accept or decline admission to the degree program, in writing, prior to the beginning of the semester to which they are admitted. Students accepted to the program but decline acceptance must reapply to the program of choice and compete with the applicant pool for the semester in which they request entrance.
Students admitted to the nursing major who withdraw from coursework within the first semester must reapply for admission to the program. These students have one opportunity for readmission, must reapply within a time frame that would allow the student timely completion of the program.
Indiana University South Bend nursing program offers two (2) opportunities each year to be admitted to the clinical nursing program.
Students who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (120 credit hours) and licensure as a Registered Nurse must complete approximately 31-38 credit hours of prerequisite course work at the college level (see BSN Degree Requirements). Students then apply for admission to the clinical portion of the BSN program, which is two and a half years of nursing and general education course work.
Students who have completed nursing courses at another college or university, but have not completed a degree in nursing, should request a Clinical Transfer Application. Contact Student Services, Northside 416, or call (574) 520-4571.