The application cycle for the January 2020 cohort is now closed. It will reopen March 1st 2020 for a January 2021 start. That cycle will close July 31st, 2020.
Admission offered once per year with cohorts starting in January
- Applications available online: March 1st to July 31st
- Admission, Progression, and Graduation (APG) Committee confirms acceptance: August
- Acceptance Letters sent in September
- Cohorts confirmed for Admission in October
- Orientation first Friday of December (REQUIRED by accepted students)
Please see the admissions criteria below
- A BSN from a CCNE or ACEN baccalaureate accredited program
- A GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in your BSN program
- Students that do not meet the GPA may still qualify to apply. If the GPA is less than 3.0, the student must take the GRE or a graduate level nursing course from an accredited institution that meets the curricular requirements. If one of the options listed above is not completed, the student application will be considered incomplete and not considered for admission.
- A current, unencumbered U.S. RN license.
- A 3 credit 300-level undergraduate statistics course with an earned grade of C or better
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to use computer technologies to communicate
- Criminal background completed per instructions on Indiana University South Bend website. This will be required once accepted to the program. https://consumer.backgroundchecks.com/Affiliates/indianauniversity.html
Can be completed in 7 semesters (including summer)
Face to Face
Courses are held once a week (Wednesdays) at the Elkhart Center
Fees & Payment Information
Application fee is $40, paid at the time of application.
Find tuition, fees, in-state vs. out-of-state tuition, residency requirements, and payment information at the IUSB Bursar Office.
Graduate Program Director: Caitlin Vlaeminck MSN, RN, FNP-BC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 574-520-4167
Indiana University South Bend
Dwyer College of Health Sciences
School of Nursing
c/o Graduate Program Director
1700 Mishawaka Ave PO Box 7111
South Bend, IN 46634-7111