Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene - Degree Completion

Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene - Degree Completion

All students in the BSDH completion program will matriculate as regularly admitted IU South Bend students and will meet the general standards for admission applied by IU South Bend Office of Admissions. Courses from accredited schools can be transferred in and applied to the BSDH Degree Completion.

Students who have attended IU previously must obtain a Returning Student Form from the Registrar's office or the Dental Hygiene Program advisor.

Applicants must submit all college transcripts. Any non-IU applicants must submit an official credit transfer report to IU South Bend. This requires official transcripts from the degree granting institution. These must be sent to IU South Bend Office of Admissions for evaluation. IU students may submit unofficial transcripts to the Dental Hygiene Program.

All applicants must submit an application for admission to the BSDH completion program. To begin in the fall semester, applications must be received by August 1st. To begin in the spring semester, applications are due by November 1st. For Summer Session I or II, applications are due by March 1st.

Both entry-level and degree completion program applicants should submit applications directly to the IU South Bend Division of Dental Education. Applications can be requested in our department or found online.

Any applicants who have not graduated from IU South Bend Dental Hygiene Program must submit two letters of recommendation from faculty or licensed dental professionals. This must be submitted with the program application.

Applicants who meet admission and application requirements wil be notified of their acceptance no more than two weeks following the application deadline. Upon acceptance students must schedule and meet with the program advisor to determine a plan of study.

Still have questions?

Contact us