The AS in Radiography Program is fully accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. It is important for all students interested in a career in radiography to attend an accredited institution. The BSMIT Program is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association
The Radiography Program at Indiana University South Bend is committed to serving north-central Indiana and south-west Michigan through the operation of excellence in teaching and learning. The mission of the Radiography Program is to create professional and knowledgeable technologists through a comprehensive education in Radiography. The goals of the Radiography Program are to promote the effectiveness of radiographic skills needed for employment, sound patient care, effective communication, and strong ethical judgement. Through continuous improvement, we will serve our community by educating students with a strong work ethic and values.
- The student will graduate clinically competent.
- The student will be able to effectively communicate.
- The student will display critical thinking skills.
- The student will exhibit professional behaviors.
- The student will demonstrate service learning in the community.
Student Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcome 1
- The student will complete a variety of diagnostic exams.
- The student will apply the principles of radiation safety.
Student Learning Outcome 2
- The student will demonstrate good communication with diverse populations in the clinical setting.
- The student will demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
Student Learning Outcome 3
- The student will be able to accurately evaluate radiographic images for diagnostic quality.
- The student will be able to perform trauma radiography.
Student Learning Outcome 4
- The student will demonstrate effective patient care.
- The student will be dependable in clinic.
Student Learning Outcome 5
- The student will explain the importance of civic engagement within the community.