Online RN to BSN IU South Bend
- What you need to know to apply for the RN to BSN Online Degree Completion Program
- You may apply any time and enter the program in the fall, spring or summer semesters.
- General education courses must be complete before you begin nursing coursework; 6 credit hours of gen ed may remain
- You are required to hold a current unencumbered RN license in the state in which you are practicing and /or plan to meet your clinical requirements.
- You must have graduated from an NLNAC/ACEN accredited School of Nursing.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 from your ASN or diploma program.
- You must complete a criminal background check on the campus to which you are applying.
Readiness Index for Learning Online
RILO gives users an opportunity to assess your readiness for online learning and helps plan for strategies to assure success. It may be found at
The Online Option is available for students who wish to complete the BSN in one year by studying full-time online (part-time study is also an option and takes two years). New cohorts start in January, May and August. Rules include that must general education requirements are completed prior to starting the online program and that admission requirements are met. IU South Bend students remain IU South Bend students and are enrolled on our campus and pay the tuition and fees to our campus. Graduation is from IU South Bend. Advising is from the IU South Bend campus. Deadlines for registration are earlier (i.e. December 3rd for January) and semester calendars may be different from IU South Bend's.
Clinicals are arranged by the student and are incorporated in the three courses that have clinicals/practicum (Community, Management, Capstone). Electives will be announced each semester; if you intend to apply for the IU South Bend FNP program, B245 Assessment will be a required elective.
Typical Course Sequence NURS B331 Transition to BSN Practice must be taken first and NURS R470 Capstone must be taken last; NURS H355 Statistics is taken before NURS H 365 Nursing Research; all other offerings are interchangeable and can be taken as it best works for the RN.
**all Courses are 3 credit hours**
For more information and an evaluation of credits contact: Advising by calling 574-520-4571.