Advising and Admissions
Your first step before applying to any college or school on any Indiana University campus is to apply to the university at the Admissions Office, Administration Building, in person or online at www.iusb.edu/admissions and be accepted. After being accepted:
- Have your high school and/or college transcripts sent to the Admissions Office.
- You will be required to take a placement test.
- Call the next day after taking your placement exam(s) to set up your registration appointment with an advisor at (574) 520.4571.
- Your advisor will help you with class registration and other information you will need in our pre-nursing and dental hygiene program.
- Attend IU South Bend campus Orientation**
(Advice: The professional programs fill up quickly. Please do not walk in 2 weeks before classes are due to start expecting to get into these very popular programs.)
The College of Health Sciences provides students an opportunity to familiarize themselves with academic policy and success strategies. Orientation helps to insure a smooth transition into college life at IU South Bend and towards your chosen path in the health professions.
**Attendance at Orientation is MANDATORY. Students who do not attend orientation will risk the chance of being administratively withdrawn from any classes.
Important Notice about the 2nd Degree BSN Program
The Second Degree BSN Program is currently suspended as faculty and administration review exciting new options for our students. At this time, we strongly encourage all who are interested in obtaining a BSN degree to meet with an advisor in the Vera Z. Dwyer College of Health Sciences Advising Center to discuss your options. To meet with an advisor, please contact Ms. Laurie Richards in teh Vera Z. Dwyer College of Health Sciences Advising Center:
Laurie Richards, Academic Advising Center Office Manager
We look forward to meeting with you and offering a new entry-level nursing master’s program soon!